So here’s where I’m at so far:
I’d dismantled (I mistakenly said 'dismembered' earlier, only to think - hmm that's not quite what I mean!) the jumper yesterday (umm ok whilst watching strictly!) So it was already in pieces to pin up.
I think I’d also been putting off cutting it, as I wasn't sure what would happen and if the wool would unravel. In the end though I just went for it.
I measured a top I already had to get the right width and then pinned it up. I also did the same for the sleeves.
At the moment the collar isn't long enough to go all the way around so will need to have a think about what I can do with that.
Also, if I want the front to overlap so I can add buttons, I’ll need to allow extra on the front panels for that – so I can just move them out a bit I think.
Pretty pleased with it so far!
Won’t be able to do any more on it until later in the week, but that should give me a chance to come up with an idea for the collar. I’d like to add some pockets too. :-)
|How it looks so far|