|Skirt length. No idea how old this fabric is!|
Welcome to Sarah, who has joined us today! And I’m just loving everyone’s enthusiasm! YEAH!
I've been having a think about what I’d really like to make over the coming year and have come up with a little list. (I do like a list)
Things I’d like to make
- A skirt (have fabric but no pattern)
- A maxi-dress (have fabric and two patterns)
- PJs (have the pattern)
- Summer Linen Trousers (have fabric and pattern)
- An evening dress (have fabric but no pattern)
- Three summer tops (have the patterns and some fabric)
- Crochet a shawl
- Knit some socks
- Make some knickers! (I know I’d excluded underwear from this challenge – but figured I’d have a go!)
Am sure this will grow but think it’s enough to be getting along with! Am surprised actually at how much I already have. (I know I’m not the only one!)
|Charity shop buy years ago.|
£1.50 and £3.00.
Things I’d like to learn/have a go at
- How to use the button foot on my sewing machine
- Freehand machine embroidery
- How to crochet
- Improve my knitting and be able to follow a pattern
- Dying with natural plant dyes
- How to make my own patterns
- Spin some yarn from a real live animal! Doesn't have to be a sheep! (won’t be a Vicuna mind..!)
Think this will grow too as I go along and I discover more things!!
I've also been thinking about how best to keep going (other than the fact there are now 19 of us doing this!) and I know what helped me when I did the 30 Day Challenge, earlier this year (you can read about that here. And watch the little video I made here. Not the best in the world but was rather pleased with it as it was the first one I’d ever made!)
This was setting a weekly goal and also ‘checking-in’ on how I was getting on (and not being hard on myself if I didn't achieve my goal – but just working out why and then what I can do differently the following week) plus the biggest thing was the support from the rest of the people also doing the 30 Day Challenge.
And now that there is a fab group of other lovely ladies going this with me – it’s going to be AMAZING!
so thank you! x
"When you start, it will look like crap. Perhaps we tend not to try new things because we expect perfection right out of the gate, but you should know that nothing is perfect on the first try."
And that MISTAKES are GOOD! That’s how we learn!
Right then. I’d better stop faffing about and get on with it!!
Have you got a list of things you’d like to make or learn over the year? Why not share them below.