I’m not one for rules, find guidelines much friendlier!
Here’s what I've set out for myself (for those also taking part - feel free to add any additional guidelines for yourself if you'd like to):
- When I say NO NEW clothes – what I mean is no new ‘shop bought’ clothes.
- So if I want to make a dress or skirt etc., and I don’t already have the fabric/pattern it’s ok to buy some. If it is new then I'm going to buy organic/ethical fabrics.
- Buying second hand is ace. So charity shops, ebay, vintage fairs, swishing parties, car boots, freecycle etc. are perfect (and will probably be much more fun!)
- Upcycling – if I need to buy any additional things like zips, trimmings, elastic etc – that’s ok. But I’ll try and get these by swapping, charity shop, asking friends and family etc. first.
- Underwear and shoes are not included in this challenge, but I will buy organic/ethically sourced items. This includes tights (thankfully) as they come under that category (so I've been told). This won’t stop me having ago at making any of those things mind!
- Be creative - e.g trying different materials, combinations, looks and sourcing materials
- Experiment - e.g techniques, colour
- Have FUN!
|Just because it made me laugh!|