MASSIVE well done to every single one of you also taking part!
So how's it going?
Well, some ups and downs.
I started with LOADS of energy and really got into it, but by February must admit to having worn myself out just a tad.
I've made somethings which I wouldn't have if I'd not started this project. And even though I might not have made as much as I would have liked to - I'm still going to congratulate myself for what I've done so far.
It is so easy to focus on the 'have nots' - but scrap that *$%*£!$ - lets see what's good!
So here we go...A top 10..in no particular order!!
- Made a nightshirt - which I still really like
- Learnt some new skills - inc. using my button foot - hurrah!
- Made a pillowcase dress for 'Dress-a-girl around the world
- Discovered I'm a pear shape and had my colours done
- *Tried* making two dresses - but realised I was being over ambitious so have gone back to basics!
- Finished a top I'd been meaning to for the past three years..And have already worn it to a gig!
- Altered a dress I bought from a charity shop last year
- Started researching Flawns of St.Ives where my mum worked in the 60s
- Been inspired by the amazing creations by those who are taking part in this challenge - check out the pinterest board: http://pinterest.com/morwhenna/love-what-you-wear-project-i-made-this/
- Saved money! (am not sure exactly how much - so will work that out!) & had FUN!
I've also created a short 'half-way survey' to find out exactly how everyone else has been getting on and will share their fabulous achievements over the next few days. Hurrah!
Here's a link to the survey: Half way survey!
This is really a short post to stop and look at what we've all achieved so far and to have a think about the next six months - which is what I'm doing now with a glass of wine in hand!